Monday, April 13, 2015

Let the Sun Shine.

Between work, family schedule, and the weather the majority of last week was a bust for riding.  I did snag a couple roller rides in the basement and a few days at the gym.  Having the weekend off allowed for me to get some saddle time.
Saturday Matt and I set off into the wind to tackle all the hills in our area: Hurle, The Alp, Farming, Old Shep, Tower, Columbia, 7 Wonders, and 4 Whores.  Came in around 94 miles and (depending on which Garmin we used) 4000' of climbing.  Pretty flat around here.  We more than made up for the flatness with the wind.  The wind was blowing 25 mph with gust up to 35!  It was great to get some sun and some solid riding.
In order to have a full day with the family I was up at 4:30 in order to be on my bike to Mike's house a bit after 5.  Once again the wind was solid, already 15 mph.  We (Mike, Noah, and I) put in a solid ride before 9!  Almost 4 hours and 64 miles.
Rest of the day was spent hanging with the family and such.  A great weekend!

Today is a bit up in the air.  I'm meeting up this morning to do a short video shoot for a promotional video.  Unrelated to biking but the Fat Bike makes an appearance.  Then work, kid pick up, dinner, gymnastics...

Happy Monday!

No comments: